ARPIN INTERNATIONAL GROUP
As of today, Maharashtra reported 60,212 new coronavirus cases with recoveries of 31,624 and deaths 281 taking the active cases to 5.93 Lakhs. To contain the surge, Maharashtra Chief Minister, Uddhav Thackeray, Tuesday announced curfew-like restrictions on the movement of people in the state from 8 pm on 14 April – 1 May, but stopped short of calling it a lockdown.
According to the order issued by the administration, prohibitory orders under Section 144 are to be imposed in the state from Wednesday night and will remain in force until May 1. No person is allowed to be in a public place without a valid reason. All establishments, public spaces, activities, and services will remain closed, except for essential services that will remain open between 7 am and 8 pm on working days.
What’s allowed during Maharashtra curfew:
- Services and activities falling in ‘essential category’ are exempted.
- E-commerce (only for the supply of essential goods and services).
- Public transport: Airplanes, trains, taxis (50% vehicle capacity), auto rickshaw (driver+2 passengers), public buses (full seating capacity/no standing passenger allowed)
- Petrol pumps, services designated by RBI as essential, financial institutions associated with SEBI, and construction work to continue.
- Veterinary services, animal care shelters, pet food shops
- Groceries, vegetable shops, fruit vendors, dairies, bakeries
- Cold storage and warehouse services
- Diplomatic offices
- All public services by local authorities
- Marriages to be allowed with only 25 persons in presence. In case of funerals, only 20 persons are allowed.
- All construction activities are allowed at those sites where laborers are living on site. Movement to and from outside must be avoided, except for the purpose of material movement.
What’s not allowed during Maharashtra curfew:
- Cinema halls, theatres, swimming pools, gyms, and sports complexes to remain closed.
- All restaurants and bars to remain closed for in-dining. Only home delivery services shall be allowed and there shall be no visiting any restaurant or bar for ordering purposes or pickup.
- Shooting for film/serials/advertisements to be closed.
- Public places like beaches, gardens, open spaces, etc. shall remain closed.
- Religious places of worship to remain closed.
- All political activity to be stopped in state.
- Barber shops, spas, salons and beauty parlors to remain closed.
- All schools and colleges to remain closed.
- Students who have to attend any exam will be allowed to travel along with one adult, on basis of a valid hall ticket.
- All private coaching classes to remain closed.
We have been advised by our supplier partners in Italy that due to the current pandemic situation, container box shortages, and port congestion, they are encountering significant problems with normal maritime operations.
Most shipping companies advised that starting 6 April, bookings will not be processed until equipment can be guaranteed; therefore, all loads will be postponed until which time that the loading dates are agreed.
Additionally, starting from the month of April 2021, there will be an increase on freights of approximately USD 1200 x container. Final costs will be contracted at bookings of container, depending on actual departures and destinations.
Air-freight rates are also expected to remain elevated in 2021. Airlines will not confirm rates until time of booking. Moreover, in the case of booking cancellation, shipping companies will apply a BOOKING CANCELLATION FEE for an amount of USD 200/booking.
We will continue to keep you well advised on any change to freight costs, booking possibilities, etc. If you have a specific question, please reach out to your Arpin International Group representative for detailed information.