Arpin Group Forms Sustainability Committee To Ensure Environmentally Responsible Worldwide GrowthMarch 18, 2015
“When we invited the International Society of Sustainability Professionals to assist us with a voluntary self-assessment last fall, not only were we able to chart our progress in a number of key practice areas, we saw the opportunity to weave sustainability into the fabric of our company for decades to come,” said Peter Arpin, partner of Arpin Group and president of Arpin Renewable Energy. “Our new sustainability committee will provide a continuous means of self-assessment and advise the Arpin board of directors on all matters pertaining to environmentally responsible worldwide growth.”
The mission of the sustainability committee is to promote environmentally responsible programs across Arpin Group worldwide, with particular focus on the states, cities and towns in which it maintains offices and other resources. The goal is to support the company’s mission of creating solutions for a more sustainable, healthier environment and society.
The committee’s main agenda items include:
- Advance sustainable policies and practices company-wide through education, events and activities, as well as outreach and operations in partnership with the board’s management committee and all other departments and divisions of the company.
- Fully engage its agents and vendors in the company’s sustainable growth mission and enhance supply-chain management around sustainability as well as quality and customer service.
- Improve communication among community stakeholders regarding sustainability efforts and practices.
- Provide and review recommendations regarding sustainability initiatives, improvements and events company-wide.
Peter Arpin has been the guiding force in Arpin Group’s commitment to sustainability. He is also host of the leading business sustainability network ReNewable Now, which covers “the business side of green” and broadcasts across many mediums.
Chris Kunzmann, coordinator of agency marketing, will serve as the sustainability committee chair. Christina Sarza, director of human resources, will serve as vice chair.
For nearly a decade, Arpin Group has been taking proactive steps to adopt environmentally friendly technology and develop programs to reduce its carbon footprint. Some of its accomplishments include:
- A series of “green” renovations to its West Warwick, R.I., headquarters.
- Investment in the research and development of solar panels for moving trucks to reduce engine runtime and fuel consumption.
- Partnership in the launch of the first electric car charging station in Rhode Island.
- Hosting several e-waste recycling collections, preventing over 92,000 lbs. of electronics from entering state landfills.
- Implementation of a low-interest “green loan” program for its employees to be used for energy-saving home improvements and hybrid vehicle purchases.
- Awards for its leadership in conservation including the John H. Chafee Conservation Leadership Award, the Audubon Society 2014 “RI Business of the Year” Award and most recently, the 2015 Clean Energy Future Award from the Rhode Island Office of Energy Resources.