News Alert: The UK Government Issues New Guidelines to Return to WorkMay 12, 2020
The UK Government has issued new guidelines to facilitate a conditional return to work during the COVID-19 crisis. The government is “actively encouraging” a return to work for employees who cannot work from home; however, employers MUST ensure they are COVID secure.
To that end, Arpin International (UK) Ltd. will ensure all our employees and crews meet the COVID-secure requirements. It is our intention to resume full operations beginning 18 May 2020.
To be successful in this return to operations, we will require the cooperation and support of our clients and their assignees with the following:
- If possible, only one family member should be inside the residence during packing and unpacking. If this is not possible, then additional family members should be restricted to one room.
- Family members that fall into the “high-risk” bracket should not be present during the moving process under any circumstances. To learn more about who’s considered high-risk, click here.
- Please confirm that anyone who lives at your address has not been exposed to or displayed systems of COVID-19 (flu-like symptoms, sore throat, fever, fatigue, shortness of breath, cough, etc.) in the last seven (7) days prior to job commencement.
- No other trades’ people to be present at the move site.
- Assignee(s) to use a face covering and gloves.
- Designate a washroom and toilet in the residence exclusively for the crew to use.
- Do not provide crews with refreshments; they will bring their own.
- Keep the residence well ventilated.
- Deep clean the residence before the crew arrives.
It is inevitable that the new processes and added precautionary measures will mean that extra time is needed. Our crews will be following the government-issued guidelines and will be adhering to COVID-19 secure best practices at all times. We have performed a thorough risk assessment for our crews and have issued very detailed working practices to ensure the safety of everyone at the move site.
Please note these restrictions have been lifted in England and are subject to area availability. Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland still remain in lockdown and there has been no easing of restrictions in these areas.
Should you have any questions, please contact your Arpin International (UK) Move Coordinator for more information.