ARPIN INTERNATIONAL GROUP
Please be advised that Eid al-Fitr is being celebrated across the Middle East. To mark the occasion, Arpin International Group’s UAE office and its partners’ holiday schedules are as follows:
- United Arab Emirates: 11 – 15 May, resume work on Sunday 16 May
- Saudi Arabia: 12 – 16 May, resume work on Monday 17 May
- Bahrain: 13 – 17 May, resume work Tuesday 18 May
- Kuwait: 12 – 16 May, resume work on Monday 17 May
- Oman: 12 – 15 May, resume work on Sunday 16 May
- Qatar: 12 – 16 May, resume work on Monday, 17 May
Following the Eid Al Fitr break, this year due to Middle Eastern countries facing border closures and restrictions, we do not expect to face the usual backlogs of two to three weeks for customs clearance, however there may be some delays in obtaining customs inspection dates from the government authorities who usually have extended holidays during this period.
At present, in the Middle East (as in the rest of the world), we are still experiencing challenges in obtaining containers for loading due to the global container shortage, lack of space availability onboard vessels and ocean freight and air freight rate increases at least every 2 weeks.
Your Arpin service team is aware of our partners’ holiday schedules and will make the necessary arrangements in advance so that services are scheduled accordingly.
For urgent matters, contact Lauren Inglis – Regional Director, Middle East & India – +971 (0) 56 480 6618.